Rest, Reset, Rise!
a Yoga-based Program for Burnout Recovery
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.”
Helping professionals are the most resilient people I know. Every day, we bear witness to the trauma of the world as we work to improve the lives of others.
Mostly, we do this in poorly funded, high pressure, and even toxic environments that leave us no time to recover from the physiologic effects of stress. We often suffer secondary and vicarious trauma, moral injury and moral distress. It is no wonder so many of us are feeling burned out, if not exploited.
This program seeks to give back to those who give so much to the lives of others.
Based on the ancient practice of yoga, the science of human function, and the power of self-compassion, this program will help you rise from the ashes of burn out. It will take you on a journey of transformation, back to the person you were always meant to be.
Helping Professionals Group: NO YOGA EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!!!
All participants will have an assessment to ensure fit into the group.
Location: Online on a HIPPA compliant Zoom platform
Helping professionals who are interested can contact us via email info@theyogaMD.ca with "Rest, Reset, Rise!" in the subject line. Please do not leave any medical information in the email.
A secure link will be sent to you for the intake questionnaire and assessment with Shailla.
About the Course:
This course was written based on my own recovery from stress and burnout. It combines the latest on the neuroscience of stress and with ancient therapeutic yoga practices that help complete the stress cycle. It is divided into three parts:
- Part 1 - Release and Rest
- Part 2 - Relate and Reset
- Part 3 - Re-align and Rise
This course is followed by the Mindful Self-Compassion Program (9 weeks) or the Self Compassion For Health Care Communities (6 hour Intensive) program, and the Live Well Lifestyle Medicine Series for those interested in going deeper into their healing journey.
The mission of this program is to:
- Offer participants a safe place to land and restore
- Help participants better understand their own physiological stress response, and understand the need to complete the stress cycle.
- Experience how key practices based in Yoga & Buddhist philosophy, including mindfulness and self-compassion, can help us re-align with our true self.
Each class will incorporate
- Gentle breath-focused mindful yoga movement (asana)
- Breathing techniques (pranayama)
- Mindfulness and compassion-based (metta) meditation.
- Discussion related to burn-out recovery and stress resilience, applying the process of Kriya yoga (self-study, action, and acceptance).
This course is for you if:
- You are a Helping Professionals suffering from burnout or stress related to work, family, and other relationships
- You suffer from stress-related illness - including Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Headaches, or Sleep Disturbances
- You are are ready and willing to make changes in their lives
- You are able to sit, or lay on a mat on the floor, and practice gentle mindful movement without excessive pain (practices can also done in a chair)
- You are willing to commit to 9 X 2 hour sessions, and 20-40 minutes of daily home practice
Please note: This group is not a substitute for individual psychotherapy.
Live Course with Shailla:
Complete the full course with live with a small group, one half day a week for 9 weeks. This option will be held during day time hours and is ideal for those who are off work, or are able to consistently take the same time off each week.
Process for live group:
- All applicants will need an assessment by Shailla to assure they are a good fit for the group.
- This assessment does not guarantee entrance into the group.
Wednesday October 13th, 2021
9:30 am - 11:30 am EDT/EST.
Please contact info@the YogaMD.ca with Rest, Reset,Rise! in the subject.
$2250 CDN early bird before (payable in three installments of $750) until October 6th
$2999 CDN (Payable in three installments of $999) after October 6th
Complete the full course with Shailla involving weekly 1/2 day session over the course of 9 weeks within a small online group.
You will get downloadable materials including videos, meditations, and worksheets. It will also include a secure chat forum on a HIPPA/PHIPA/PIPEDA compliant.
This group is limited to 10 people
This course will be available as an online course which you can complete on your own. There will be a coaching call once a week for all participants
Course starts Monday October 13th, 2021
$1999 CDN early bird by October 6th, 2021
$2250 CDN after October 6th, 2021.
Make sure you email email@example.com to book pre-interview