Rest, Reset, Rise!
The Yoga of Burnout Recovery
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.”
Helping professionals are the most resilient people I know. Every day, we bear witness to the trauma of the world as we work to improve the lives of others.
Mostly, we do this in poorly funded, high pressure environments that leave us no time to recover from the physiologic effects of stress. It leaves us with the effects of secondary and vicarious trauma, moral injury and moral distress. It is no wonder so many of us are feeling burned out.
This program seeks to give back to those who give so much to the lives of others. Based on the ancient practice of yoga, the science of human function, and the power of self-compassion, this program will help you rise from the ashes of burning out. It will take you on a journey of transformation back to the person you were always meant to be.
Helping Professionals Group:
Now accepting referrals
Program Date and Time to be announced soon!
All participants will have an assessment to ensure fit into the group.
Location: Online on a HIPPA compliant Zoom platform
About the Course:
This course was written based on my own recovery from stress and burnout. It is divided into three parts:
- Part 1 - Release and Rest
- Part 2 - Relate and Reset
- Part 3 - Reintegrate and Rise
It is the first of three modules that I offer to Helping Professionals. It is followed by the Mindful Self-Compassion Program (9 weeks) or the Self Compassion For Health Care Communities (6 hour Intensive) program, and the Live Well Lifestyle Medicine Series (if there is interest).
The purpose of the program is to:
- offer participants a safe place to land and restore
- help participants better understand their own physiological stress response, and understand the need to complete "the Fight or Flight" response.
- practice stress relieving techniques
- experience how key practices from yoga philosophy including mindfulness and self-compassion can help restore our energy.
Each class will incorporate
- gentle breath-focused mindful yoga movement (asana)
- breathing techniques (pranayama)
- mindfulness and compassion-based (metta) meditation.
- discussion related to burn-out recovery and stress resilience.
This course is beneficial for individuals who:
- Helping Professionals who are suffering from burnout or stress related to work, family, and other relationships
- May also suffer from stress-related illness - including Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Headaches, or Sleep Disturbances
- are ready and willing to make changes in their lives
- are able to sit, or lay on a mat on the floor, and practice gentle mindful movement without excessive pain (practices can also done in a chair)
- are willing to commit to 9 X 3-hour sessions, and 20-40 minutes of daily home practice
Please note: This group is not a substitute for individual psychotherapy.
Helping professionals who are interested can contact us via email Info@theyogaMD.ca with Rest Reset Rise in the subject line.
- All applicants will need an assessment by Dr. Vaidya to assure they are a good fit for the group.
- This assessment does not guarantee entrance into the group.
Complete the full course with Dr. Vaidya involving weekly 1/2 day session over the course of 9 weeks.
Course Fee: $2549.00 + HST
Once accepted into the program, you can submit payment via interact e-transfer to info@theYogaMD.ca or our payment system.